Simular to the previous question...I too have never like or eaten vegetables so how to I learn to like them and prepare them without dips or sauces or butter.

And please, I am sincerely asking for your help I am trying please be nice. Thank you

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I would start with the sweeter ones. Carrots sweet peas, butternut squash. A little bit of topping isn't bad, just don't drown them. It is mind over matter. Try not to think of it, just eat it. Also try makeing casaroles or meat loaf with shedded veggies. Or get one of those books on how to sneak veggies into your kids diets. At least then you would be eating them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Some 'experts' think you have to eat something you don't like a certain number of times to start to like it. You might try something you want to learn to eat and try it several different times. I know I have unlearned to like things because I stopped making them because I was cooking for kids.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I've always eaten vegetables but don't really like them without butter. My husband doesn't put anything on his. He says he savors the flavor of the vegetable. I know there is a butter-flavored seasoning that comes in a shaker, but I haven't tried that. I also don't like vegetables only partly cooked- which is what is supposed to be healthiest. I like them well-cooked. So this is the way I make them now so that I won't mind eating them. Try to find some you like that are nice and nutritious and go ahead and put a tiny amount of butter or sauce on them. Broccoli, for example, isn't too bad. Asparagus. Sweet potatoes and winter squash. Greens are good with some bacon and vinegar. Corn of course. Green beans aren't very nutritious. Carrots are, but I don't like them much so like to mash them with a little butter.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Seasoned Salt from Tastefully Simple. My kids don't like most, so if I put this on them they will eat it. I use it in EVERYTHING. Want some? Let me know I sell it.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Peanut sauce is great, especially on cooked broccoli and carrots.

Soups, stews and sauces are good at hiding vegetables.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Try grilling them - brush the grill with a little olive oil first, but you don't need to add anything to the veggies themselves.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You could try mixing vegetables into your favorite foods. If you like pasta add some veggies, or add some to a sandwich. I did thie over and over until I can't have pasta without veggies! You will learn to love them.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2009