Any parenting advice for my 6 and 4 year old boys?

They are driving me nuts constantly!! It's always my 6 year old playing too rough or bothering my 4 year old and then he starts screaming/crying/whining. This is consistent 24/7. I am a SAHM and both of my kids go to school so I do have a little break, but it gets really aggravating when its everyday after school. And my husband isn't much better. It feels like I'm a single parent in my household. I try to get things done during the day but by the time the kids get home I rather do nothing but dinner still needs to be fixed/baths/homework/bedtime. And it's always me trying to fix dinner never him. It feels like I'm a mother of 3 boys!! I am constantly picking up after all of them. I'm tired of reasoning with my kids. I tell them one thing, whether its pick up toys or stop running in the house,and it goes in one ear and out the other because they do it anyway. We've tried spanking and timeout but nothing is working. Help!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• IGNORE the whining and fighting. DO NOT respond to it at all unless someone gets hurt. If it gets that bad, put them in their rooms and shut the door. Tell them to not come out until they can act like big boys. As for your husband,TELL him that he needs to help out more. If his messes aren't picked up, don't do it for him. If his dirty clothes aren't in the laundry area, he does his own laundry. Same with the kids. What you find lying around gets thrown out or hidden. You may be a stay at home mom, but that doesn't mean hubby can't be a parent too. Don't reason, if they don't pick something up, it is gone for good. When they have no toys left, they will get the hint.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2009