My dh says I spend too much time on the pc. How much is too much?

He always throws that in my face when we argue. Personally I think he spends too much time watching tv and that is usually when I turn to the pc because I'm not a big tv watcher. But while I'm on the pc I am doing banking or look for information such as asking questions here. How much time do you spend on the pc a day?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• typingOmg I spend WAY too much time on the pc each day . I do shopping, talk to my grandkids online, work on articles for newsletters,  maintain several websites,  do genealogy searches online,  create spreadsheets and power points for non profit organizations. I play online and even watch tv and movies online. It's a one stop work/entertainment source for me. HOWEVER, I am never on it when SO is here

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• if it's affecting your relationship, then it's too much...but so is his tv watching. How about going out for a walk and talking to each other? Maybe the two of you have grown apart--time to rekindle
    Anonymous

• personally i spend about 2 hours during the actual day, at night when the kids are in bed, i usually spend all my downtime on the computer but hubby is normally playing his video games. we'll watch a movie or a tv show or something together before bed, most nights, some nights we just don't feel like it. but we still sit and talk during our "alone". if its an issue for him though, and you feel he spends too much watching tv. than its a problem for you guys and you need to figure out the answer.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm going to try to do my work and social when he is not home, and at least sit near him while he is watching tv, maybe I'll ready or try to knit....It's hard for us to go out at night because the kiddos are sleeping. And we are in veg state after a days work.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• well we stay on it a lot but make some time with eachother at night. and we are fine.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 1:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2009