Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who would get custody

Well Arizona is a huge mother state and my friend is wanting full custody of his son. His wife (soon to be ex) has been doing meth (and around their son) and he just wants to take his baby from her. But he has a bad past he has a felony and is trying to get a job, but the apartment they have is in his name. Is their anyway to be sure he can get custody of his son and out of that low lifes hands. She does have a job... Hence how she has money for drugs

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • well he doesn't sound like a winner either--sorry, just stating the obvious. There is no way to guarantee custody. He needs to get a lawyer. If he just takes the baby it'll come back to bit him in the butt-esp if there is a temp order already in place. Tell him to get his stuff straight....and keep it that way. And I hope you are just a "friend"...I wouldn't get involved with this one for anything....

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

  • If that mother is doing meth around her son, someone needs to call the cops and get him OUT OF THERE!!!!!! What kind of parent would leave their child in that environment??? Does he know how sick his son can get from being around that crap?!?!?!?!? Sounds to me like both parents are losers!


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

  • in cases like this it's hard to say. but i think the kid could end up going to the state. and if he's putting her down to appear better, so it's her fault why it didn't work and not hers your going to be in her shoes soon! severe drug addicts can't hold a job and any full time job does testing every 6 months. look at boths sides and stop being so eager to jump to his defense! any man that puts down his ex for any reason deserves a secod look! he's a felon for what ever reason, so he could be a little crooked. his reasoning for putting her down might make sense to you, but don't be foolish!!! most good men admit their wrongs and state how they grew from it, losers blame others for their problems and mistakes. your life your choice, but be wise.

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

  • Yeah, call CPS on her when she's doing drugs and they will give the child to him. Then he can file for full - permanent custody.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

  • If mom is doing meth around the baby, he needs to get an attorney and get the baby NOW. He can apply for emergency custody. If he takes parenting classes and shows that he is making an effort to do what is best for the baby, he shouldn't have a problem getting custody but he needs an attorney.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

  • He's only a felon for having a screw driver in his car near a break in. So he was charged incorrectly, you guys need to calm the fuck down

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.