When is a good time??? Please anyone with advice

I have twin girls that are 2 1/2 months old and eat every 3-3 1/2 but only eat 6 oz at a time right now I have a few friends that say I should mix a scoop of cereal in their bottles. Is that a good Idea or are they still too young? thank you for your help

jae_hal

Asked by jae_hal at 9:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is just over 3 months old... I started her cereal on a spoon at 2 months,she loved it and sleeps ALL night... Dont give it in a bottle, she can become depended on it... I started giving her alittle bit of fruit at 3 months and shes just fine....
    rainbowbabe220

Answer by rainbowbabe220 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't do that. I think 4 months is the soonest to SPOON FEED babies.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• They are too young. Cereal should NEVER be given in a bottle UNLESS directed by your doctor for reflux. 4-6 months of age is the recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No I wouldn't do this unless your doc has told you to do this. There is really no I too.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No. Never put cereal in a bottle. What they are eating is fine. Baby's eat as much as they need and rarely more than that.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• if the ped reccomends it then okay but not just b/c your friend said so
    Anonymous

• honestly, its still a bit too young. around 3 1/2 months would be better and then only about half a teaspoon, you shouldn't even be able to tell it is in there. (this is my docs recommendation) around that age is when they go through a growth spurt so that may be it if they are eating more often than they were before, if not, you could try to move them up to 7 or 8 oz a bottle to see if that keeps them happy a little longer, but i tried having my son eat 8 oz at that age and he refused, he wanted 6 oz every 2 hours, made me insane but only lasted about 2 weeks.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I put cereal in my babys bottle EVERY night. And she is perfectly fine. And she sleeps ALL night long!!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ohhh......rainbowbabe.....I never thought about putting in fruit!! Great idea! Do you give milk after the cereal/fruit?
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• *only* 6 oz at a time? No cereal. Too young. Never put cereal in a bottle unless directed by YOUR doctor for reflux.
    Anonymous