2 month old just had shots and now has fever..?

I know its normal for a baby to have a fever after having shots, but I want to know of any natural ways to take care of him. He drinks breastmilk and hasnt had much but is okay with his wet diapers. I just need to know if there's anything I can do for him. Do I keep him warm or cool? Do I let him rest or wake him up to feed him? Etc..

Thank you all for your help!

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 9:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is running a fever too and just got his 2month shots on wednesday, i gave him some infant motrin and feed him when he wakes up, he's wide awake right now lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• put a warm compress on it, just a warm washcloth to bring down any pain and swelling. a warm bath might help with the fever and will also be as good as a washcloth for the swelling and pain. there really aren't many homemade remedies you can give a baby that young for fever. aside from keeping them comfy, feeding when they are ready. if you want to give him motrin than call the doc and ask how much you should give him, i gave my daughter tylenol and my son motrin for theirs and it worked pretty well. i don't like to give my kids medicine but if i know they'll be better off with it, than i will.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yes, just give tylenol or motrin. Let the bebe sleep until he wakes up. Poor thing. My little girl was super tired after her shots too!!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i give my baby the 1.25mL b/c he's 13lbs
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Absolutely DO NOT give a baby that young motrin! Tylenol ONLY and ONLY if the doctor has given you the correct dosage for a baby that young! OMG my stomach's in knots knowing some of you give babies that tiny motrin! Breastfeed on demand, let him sleep if he wants to sleep, and dress him normally for this time of year. NO MOTRIN!
    Anonymous

• My daughters doctor says to strip her down to a onsie and comfort her as best i can. They highly reccomend infant tylenol to bring down the fever, But a luke warm bath, and cool clothing should help.
    Newmom11309

Answer by Newmom11309 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• my oldest DD always got fevers with her shots, and slept a lot. Just try a lukewarm bath and some tylonel,and he should be fine. Let him sleep, and enjoy your extra quiet time!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Tylenol and sleep work great.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 12:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009