How can I find out my cervix is dilated without going to hospital? I've been sent home twice.

I'm 38wks and at my last dr appointment my cervix was completely thin and the baby's head was right there. I'm scheduled for a c-section in 4days but my back pain is getting worse and i'm having contractions but they arent really close together. I dont see myself making it through the 4days. My doc said if I dilate 1cm she will deliver me. So how can i find out if I'm dilated without running to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ahhh if I knew I'd tell you. I'd go to the doctors, better safe then sorry.

Not trying to scare you -- but you don't want to end up delivering on your kitchen
    floor or in the car you know. NOT BEING SMART!! :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• what the point, the only thing your going to due is risk infection, i was 4 cm by 28 wks and i had my dd at 38 wks. just follow the rule if your contactions get 3-5 mts apart then go to the hospital. a woman can be 5 cm dialated and not go into labor for a while. with my secind i was 3 cm by 32 wks and i had him at 37. dialation doesnt have to do anything with how soon labor approaches, some wona dialted thru out their pregnacies while others go from 0-10 ina matter of hrs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Y cant ppl read damn she said if she is 1cm her doc will deliver the baby! Anyways im guessin your looking for an opening of some short
    Anonymous