If you were president what would your priorities be for America?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• get the illegals out would be one of the top priorities
    Anonymous

• making whitey pay for the centuries of oppression to the colored man!
    Anonymous

• Why should white people have to pay for something their ancestors did? I don't have any control over the horrid things they did and non of my black friends have ever been slaves so is it really our wrong to right?

I'm not trying to start a racial debate or anything...I just think that idea is rediculous. JMO though.
    Anonymous

• 1. Attending to the needs of our boys overseas. We are in a war time, you know.
    2 shoving that defense budget right up Congress's hoo ha 3. Get rid of what's left of the pork ilis
    4 challenge Congress to create snd pass a bill that invokes term limits and penalties for pork.
    Go line by line and wipe out unnecessary spending. Seriously, not just to sound good.
    Create an incentive program to get off welfare and public assistance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Oh are we not answering this seriously?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• There are so many areas we need to work on it's hard to pick a few. I would find a way to penalize all companies that outsource. Make sure our military had the very best training, equipment and benefits/care. I would push to legalize industrial hemp as I believe it would have a positive impact on our economy and environment. Trash NCLB and find some advisers to help me figure out the best way to make our education system more competitive with other countries. Push to end the waste we call the war on drugs.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• -I would first and for most take care of our soldiers over seas. We need our boys to be safe and we also need to win the war on terrorism.
    -I would put time limits on PA. I would also put budget classes, nutrition classes and child health care classes in place and require those on PA to take them quaterly in order to recieve bennefits (kind of like WIC).
    -I would look at reforming health care by cutting cost without taking over the health care system all together. (i.e. make the use of cytotec for labor induction illegal)
    Anonymous

• Anon 7:32, most states already have time limits on PA, here in Cali it's 5 years.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• -I would also charge companies who take their labor over seas a large fee which would go directly into the unemployment fund and give tax cuts to the companies who do stay here. Maybe that would give companies who out source their work an incentive to bring more jobs back to America. Maybe that would help with the unemployment rate??
    Anonymous

• Healthcare
    Better treatment of war veterans
    gay rights
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009