Do you suck your thumb?

Okay, I am too embarrassed to post without hiding behind the anonymous button on this one. I really thought I was the only one and have been wanted to post this question for awhile now. I saw a post to another question that could've been put up by me. I am a 31yrold thumbsucker. When my DS was born I quit, without even trying, for 8 months. It's just like I was too busy to do it, lol. I don't know why but I started back but not nearly as bad as before. I used to suck my thumb to sleep every night and just in general to relax. I confided this to my first husband and he thought it was cute and even encouraged it which naturally caused me to do it more because I no longer had to hide it, BUT we lived together for about 10 years before he ever knew. Now I'm curious, how common is this? Will everyone post anon as I have, or are there those of you that are not ashamed? I saw one in the other post.....This is my deep dark secret.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't suck my thumb but, you know how babies just suck with no pacifier or anything? I do that, I honestly think it's because my mother didn't wean me properly. I can't sleep without sucking, and I have to have a person in bed with me and I use my feet to rub my fiance's feet because I need something soft to rub on to go to sleep. My shit is so much more weird than being 30 and sucking your thumb so don't worry.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• NO.
    Anonymous

• My sister in law still does and she is 25 but only when she's tired I guess. She has 3 girls 8,5, and 2 and none of them ever sucked their thumbs strangely enough. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure she doesn't want to do it but it's just a comfort thing I think.
    Anonymous

• do your teeth stick out? btw- yuck...I hope you wash your hands a lot
    Anonymous

• i'm going to respond as an anon because NOBODY knows that i do this. i'm 24, and yes, i do suck my thumb, i also still have my baby blanket that i sleep with every night.
    Anonymous

• I did until I was about 17 or 18. My daughter never did - thank God! Horrible habit. However, I lost someone very, very close to me last year. Since then, I have had to fight the urge on several occasions to suck my thumb. Almost gave in a couple of times, but just couldn't put it in my mouth. I teach 2nd grade, so I know about germs, etc. lol - just the thought of that was enough to help me resist!

Anonymous

• I Sucked My Thumb Until I Was 12! With Good Will I Gave It Up!
    jiysmommy

Answer by jiysmommy at 10:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yes, Im 24 i stopped when mt DS was born but then went through a tramatic experience and started up again. Hubby knows but i hid it from him for a long while and i try not to do it in front of DS. its not something i was him picking up.
    Anonymous

• I don't but my roomate in college did. She must have felt comfortable around me because I noticed she never did it when anyone else was around, but would do it around me all the time. I also wonder how much she was even aware of it because she told me that playing the clarinet had messed up her teeth, it seemed quite obvious to me that the clarinet wasn't the problem, but at the same time I don't know how she could be unaware of her habit.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2009