how can i get my 15 yrold son to cut his hair? he looks like a girl!

cyndilou76

Asked by cyndilou76 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It's a way for him to express himself without hurting anyone or damaging public property... let him have it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• haha i know what u mean...tell him it is not a option and he is getting his hair cut
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It's the style, mama.

If that is the only problem you have with him and he's getting decent grades, staying out of trouble...let it go.

(He can laugh at himself in 10 years.)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Some parents say you should do nothing that as long as he is a good kid it shouldnt matter. Its a form of him expressing himself. I am not one of those lol. If it were me I would say we are going to the hair cut place tomorrow so be ready. I would let him pick the style as long as it was shorter. If mine refused to go he would lose privledges until he came around. Thankfully my boys like short hair so this hasnt been an issue but your house your rules...
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Have an older sister, cousin (someone he looks up to but is close to his age) tell him that they like it long, but like it BETTER when it was short.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• my 14 yo daughter said leave em alone, he probably looks gorgeous. she thinks boys w/long hair are really cute. The only way you'll get him to cut it is to cut it while he's asleep or bribe him,
    Anonymous

• I'm for expression as long as there are no real consequences of his actions. Hair really isn't a big deal. Definately don't "cut while he's sleep". That would be horrid and distrustful!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry for saying this, but if it was my child, I would cut it while he sleeps.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Hahaha. I had long, bright purple hair when I was 15. The dye didn't wash out either. :)

My kid brother grew his hair out long at that age, too. Only, his' is curly, and it turned into an afro after awhile.

It's fun. Let him have his fun and express his style. He'll cut it when he's bored with it.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Let's see... 15? That's when I chopped my hair off except for shoulder long bangs, spiked it, and dyed it all bright neon blue (Save for the bangs, which were black with blue tips) Would you rather that? LOL.

If he's a good kid, let him express himself. That's what kids do at that age, they're testing the waters and finding themselves. If he's not doing anything but messing with his appearance in non-permanent ways... leave him be.

Learn to pick your battles, there are far more important things to worry about than his personal style.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 5:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2009