for anyone who takes prozac

how long did it take to kick in?
what changed for you?
i dont want a bunch of website link answers, id really just like personal experiences.
thanks ladies!
=]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Health

• When I took prozac it was after I had a stillborn daughter. It took a couple weeks for it to fully get into my system and really help. Not to scare you but make sure you do not miss taking it several times in a row because it will mess you all up. Also when you go off of it later make sure you are very gradual about it. I would get a doctors opinion on how best to start the process of slowing down and eventually stopping the medicine. It needs to very gradually come out of your system.
    Anonymous

• I took it after paxil stopped working. It made me gain a lot of weight. I don't know if it really, truly worked because I stopped taking it when I became pregnant with my daughter and don't really get depression symptoms anymore. As anon above me said, you really do have to be careful about taking yourself off it or you will feel horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2009