are doing drugs one in a while ok?

My friend and i are having a debate. SHE thinks it is ok for a parent to do drugs once in a while. Like when your kids are at a sleep over or have already grown and moved out exc. SHE says as long as your a good parent,have a good job,only do it like a couple times year with your friends on vacation or something then it is ok.
I SAY once you have kids you should never do drugs,even if you can control your drug use and do it once a year its illegal and just immature and not right.
what do you think? Am i being a prude?
Is it ok to "let loose" once in a while and get away from reality when you are a parent?

bumblebee916

Asked by bumblebee916 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• if you want to risk having your children taken away then sure...i agree with you it's irresponsible
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i think when the words "only do it" have to be thrown in then it's obvious it's a bad choice. if it were something that was accepted and ok then you (not YOU, you in general) wouldn't have to say "only do it once or twice, only do it to have fun, only do it on vacation" etc. i agree with pp and with you, its irresponsible.. and very immature.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Well...I don't think doing them is acceptable AT ALL. Getting drunkn also strikes me as a dub thing to do,even when you have a designated driver.

I'm probably a prude. And I'll wear that label proudly, thanks.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Different people have different opinions. That's why God makes us all different. It's ok to have your opinion and respect hers even though you don't agree. Is she a good person? Is she a good mom? Is she a good friend? Don't judge her because of what she chooses to do behind closed doors. If she's not sitting in front of her kids doing it, then she's not harming anyone but herself. Try not to judge others so harshly.
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 10:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That's ridiculous, aklebeyers. At what point do you start "judging" someone? It's not okay to think that doing illegal substances with your children in the house is wrong? That makes one "judgmental"? So is it okay if I have a different man, a stranger, over to my house for sex every night after the kids go to bed, potentially putting myself and my kids at risk? At some point, is IS okay to say certain behaviors are wrong, and it doesn't make you "judgmental".
    To the OP, I agree with you. Not only does doing drugs in the house put the family at risk for legal repercussions, but it sets a bad example for the kids (they WILL eventually find out, trust me). Plus, other than marijuana, drugs are highly addictive, so using them recreationally is playing with fire and taking the chance on getting hooked. Then what? Now mom's a junkie. But I guess junkies deserve to "not be judged" too, even when they're shitty parents *sarcasm*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• With or without kids you shouldn't be doing drugs anyway. So many bad things can happen, you just never know. Even if your kids aren't around to see you use drugs, you still pose as a risk to them..what if the police came and searched your house while your kids were with friends? You could go to jail, your home taken away, your kids taken away or you could do too much, overdose and die. And don't ever say that wont happen to me, because you never know. You have to ask yourself would doing a little bit of drugs be worth all of that?
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Doing just a little bit of drugs eventually leads to doing more and more. She is risking losing her children, her family and her job. Eventually children grow up. When will she have time to do her drugs or hide then? Children are not stupid they catch on quickly and they will know and be aware of what is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• No, it's not okay. It's illegal and no matter what anyone tells you, no one can control an addicition and drugs are addicting. She is risking the only part of her life that actually matters and I feel sorry for her poor children. It's selfish, immature and dangerous. I will never understand the allure of drugs.
    Anonymous

• As long as no one finds out, used moderately, drugs are potentially very positive for moms to take. Everyone needs to unwind. Drugs make that possible, especially when the kids are asleep and you can't really leave to go anywhere. And as long as you are not so wasted that you couldn't drive in an emergency. That's something else to consider. So no acid, no meth, no shrooms. Just pot, a little alcohol...nothing hard. I like to pop Benadryl when I need to chill out. Tis very lovely.
    Anonymous

• Is robbing a bank once in a while ok? Is turning tricks on the street corner once in a while ok? Is sleeping with 12 year olds once in a while ok?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2009