Finding family members attractive.

I just recently met a brother I didn't know I had. He's 30 years old, I'm 25. (Same dad, different mom).

Now, the sad part is. I find him very hot and we get along great, but it's more of a friend/friend relationship than a brother/sister. I'm finding myself falling in love with him.

I know it's sick, but for the past 25 years I didn't even know he existed and I'm finding it very hard to keep my feelings in check. UGH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• eh, its all good. jsut do him and get on with your life
    Anonymous

• I'd love to do my BIL...but half-brother? Reign in those feelings and start getting along like brother & sister.
    Anonymous

• that's hot, go for it
    Anonymous

• i think my 2nd cousin is hott lol
    Anonymous

• think about this..if you did have sex and you got pregnant..ewwww how would you explain this to your family..espeacially your father? his two children had a child together..yuckkkkoooo!! but hey thats like a 2 for 1 speacial for your father..haha one grandbaby but by both kids! anyhow thats a little sick, so what if you didnt know you had a brother. now you do...there are plenty of other good looking men out there..lay off your bro!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Kind of weird, how do you think he would react if you told him how you feel?
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Just do it....As long as everyone is consenting, who cares? Could be fun:)
    Anonymous

• hes your brother from another mother! lol seriously though.. you guys SHARE DNA. im sure theres a therapist of some sort that can help you work thru this. he probably doesnt seem brotherly to you because you just found out he existed, but still, hes your BROTHER.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Wow, I'm really impressed with you ladies tonight... no horrible bashing! Way to go!

That said, it's illegal for you to marry this man because it would mean a greater chance to have children with deformities. Which means that even the state recognizes that there are real reasons for you not to have romantic feelings for a blood relative. In most states you have to be second cousins or more distantly related in order to marry.

It's a phase. Keep the feelings to yourself and wait for them to pass. Work on finding brotherly things about him.

*hugs* good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It's a no no.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2009