• In the Spotlight:

Where did you buy your car seat cover?

The weather got cold all of the sudden here, today it is 35 and its usually in the 50's-60's still. I went on a search for a infant carrier carseat cover for my baby and went to 2 Walmarts and Kmart and they were all sold out. I guess everyone else had the same idea as me! So where did you get yours, and how much did it cost? I dont know if I should try to drive somewhere else tomorrow or just try to order one online.

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just use a good size baby blanket. You can tuck it under the handle and over the canopy when you're carrying baby and once you're in the car, just lift the blanket over the canopy to give baby more circulation.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• The blanket idea works. That what I do as well. Those car seat cover are a pain. Unless you live somewhere where its cold enough to deal with it. Although how long will you be outside?? But Babies R us has them:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=car%20seat%20covers&origkw=car%20seat%20covers&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I got mine at the salvation army for $8. If you have any Once Upon a Child or other children's resale shops near you they will probably have them. There were a ton at the one near me recently for about $10 to $15 each. That's if you're ok with a used one.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i also agree with the blankets! most of the car seat covers are not very safe (unless you are getting the shower cap kind that just go over the top) there is actually a girl on here that sells cozies for kids. they are great! they are like a mix between a coat and a blanket. kind of like a poncho with no sleeves, but very warm fabric. they are a GREAT alternative to covers and to coat and a lot safer. let me know if you want her screen name!
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 11:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• my mom bought ours for DD1 at walmart (it was the last one and it was blue)

This time she took the old one and made a pattern from it and made me one. I needed two since we have twins this time around and she made one and were using the old one (my DS is 17lbs so he will be outgrowing his carseat so i didnt feel a need to make him a new one.

We love them and since it ranges from anywhere in the 30s to upper 50s lately we ad to get them out already. They are alot safer (we have the shower cap kind with the opening for their faces to show) and easier to use.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Last time I was at Once Upon a Child they had a bunch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You mean like a bunting bag type thing? You can get some polar fleece from joanns and cut it into a big oval. Sew elastic all around the edges then cut a peek hole out of the face area. Fleece doesnt fray so you dont need to sew around the hole.
    You can do this for an infant carrier or a convertable seat without violating the seats warranty. Many store bought ones are an entire sack that the straps thread through which is not good.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I am talking about the shower cap kind that open around their face that you just place over top of it. When winter gets here it will be down into the teens every day and I dont want to take her out with just a blanket every morning and every evening.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009