Do you think that it was too soon?

Ok so im 18.& I had my beautiful child Jhakyra(a.k.a Myra)when i was 16.I thought it was time.All the pushing(which friggin hurts)& all the diaper changing.My boyfriend says we should let her get adopted by a loving family who would care & make sure she is alright.But i said no & he said think about it.I love my little Jhakyra & i don't wanna her to get adopted.Do you think she should?

LyricRockz1234

Asked by LyricRockz1234 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• Is this a real question? Tell boyfriend where the door is, sweet heart. Don't do something because someone else thinks it's "right" (sounds more like he just wants an excuse to not take responsibility).
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• this was your doing and now your responsibility to raise, you can be poor as dirt and still raise a decent child to be a caring human being... it 's up to you. don't count on her going to a caring home don't really count on anything becase you won't know ! get away from the boyfreind/ father whoever it is, lay off the pot for a while or whatever it is and really think about where you and your kid/s are heading... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• no i dont think she should. that is your child and u will make it girl. he just dont want the responsiblities.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• why would u do that? just bc he dont want to be a man? kick his ass to the curb...do not let him talk u into that shit
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I would think about telling him to grow up and be a father to his child.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 2:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If you don't want to then the answer is no. He certainly has the right to terminate his parental rights and say it is too hard to parent at this time. It would be a rather shitty thing to do to leave you without the support you and your child need. But he has the choice. Even without officially terminating his rights he could still walk away. The main thing is you have to know what you want for your child. If you know you want to be the one to raise her, provide for her needs, and be her parent.....then you don't even need to ask this question. I have been married almost ten years. I love my husband. But we would both tell you the same thing. Our son and his best interest comes BEFORE the spouse. Because he can't make decisons on his own. We have to do it for him. You may love your boyfriend but you need to think about what is in your daughter's best interest. Being pressured or guilted by him is not love.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• So you are talking about placing a 1-2 year old for adoption? The pushing as in she's pushing you, not the labor pushing? I'm a bit confused, but if she's over a year old and you and he have been raising her, then surely you have an attachment to her and she has one to you. I'm not sure why you are even asking this unless you think it's a good idea, too. Since you are young, I would advise getting into some parenting classes and/or counseling. There are many resources out there for you. Just to encourage you, this is a tough age at times, but it will soon pass, and your little girl will be talking and telling you she loves you and things will get easier. Good luck to you!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• PS-I can't tell you the number of birth moms on here whose regrets started out with "My boyfriend made/wants me to......" This is your decision. You are the mommy.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You know you guys are right!I love Jhakyra so i'm not gonna let her get adopted.Thanks everybody.Now it's gonna be hard for me to pick the right answerO.O
    LyricRockz1234

Answer by LyricRockz1234 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I like your answer, pick it! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009