HOW DO I GET MY SON TO POOP IN THE POTTY?

HE PEES JUST FINE IN THE POTTY ALL DAY LONG HE DOESN'T PEE ON HIS SELF AT ALL. DURING THE DAY HE WEARS UNDERWEAR. AT NIGHT TIME HE WEARS PULL UPS. ONCE WE PUT THE PULL UP ON HE POOPS. HE ONLY POOPS WHEN HE HAS THE PULL UPS ON. HE WILL PEE ON THE TOILET WHILE HE HAS A PULL UP ON HE JUS WONT POOP ON THE TOILET!

jiysmommy

Asked by jiysmommy at 12:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As soon as you see him looking like he is going to poop, rush him to the potty. Even if h is in mid poop. Then just be happy and calm with him and incourage him to go poopoo on the potty not his diaper. Try M&Ms. That was my sons motivation at 19 months. If you are not using a little potty I suggest starting off with a little potty, then graduate to the big potty. A lot of kids have issues with the big potty right off the bat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I say just let it happen when it happens. If you pressure or make an issue of it, it will bite you back later.
    Emotional issues are thought to arise if there is too much focus on where children relieve themselves...so tread carefully.
    Just know that he WILL poop on the potty when he goes off to college without a problem...
    lifting the lid and wiping the rim are another matter LOL
    :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2009