Would u let her?

My mil lives in a appartment complex an she isnt alowed to controll her thermosat it is behind a locked door! Well her landlord isnt going to turn her heat on til after the 1st of nov! Well it has been gettin cold here in maryland an she called me tonight wanting to know if she can come stay with us for 2 wks! This woman is lazy all she does is sit there doesnt do anything! So idk what to do hubby says he doesnt want her to come for that long but i dont want her frezzing! But i just cant stand this woman!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call the landlord and talk to him. Perhaps she annoy him, but maybe if you or hubby can talk to him calmly maybe he'll be a nice guy and go turn her thermostat up. Good luck either way.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• well since she carried her son in her belly for 9 months & kept him warm, i dont see why he cant keep her warm for 2 weeks. thats kinda f*@ked up. its FREEZING here in ny too, ive had my heat on for a few weeks now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Ick I know what it's like to have a dick landlord and not have heat. We never stayed anywhere though, even with the baby. Tell her to wear a sweater and warm P.J.'s that's what we did, our heat was shut off in the middle of january because the temp. outside went up to 50 ( whoopie!!!)
    Does your health department have regulations on that? Ours says that the landlord has to provide atleast 68 degrees between october and may if the temp goes below 10 degrees they have to provide 61. We had to call on them 4 times for it getting shut off(the building thermostat was in the boiler room... dumbasses), our baby was getting sick from having no heat for 3 days at a time

That's why we moved before it got cold this year
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Well, yeah. She shouldn't be cold. Who cares if she doesn't do anything. Don't be selfish and immature, she's his mother.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd buy her an electric heater. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Electric heaters are very dangerous. Especially in small spaces.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd let her stay with me because,as much as my MIL drives me batty, she's still a human being and that's not right or fair! Also, I would call and pitch a fit! Do whatever it takes to get the heat on! That's BS that she can't control her own heat!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• There is a law if it goes below 35 dagrees and is after Oct 15 the landlord has to give heat.I would REPORT the landlord A.S.A.P.
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 12:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I would pursue legal action against the landlord. If your husband doesn't want her and it is his mother, I wouldn't go against him. There is more than her lazyness going on here.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I would buy her a snuggie and tell her everything will be ok. haha

But then again I hate my MIL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2009