What's the procedure to follow to decline vaccines at birth?

My Aunt said that my baby will be vaccinated at birth.
Can a baby be exempt or is medically necessary?
If anyone know the names of the vaccines given at birth please post it. I've been trying to search on the Internet but I could not find anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get informed. The National Vaccine Information Center saved my son's life. He was highly allergic to all immunizations, anesthetics and antibiotics. Homeopathic meds saved his life once we discovered them and M.D.s who specialized in it.

http://www.nvic.com (I think this is their URL) Barbara Loe Fischer is the head...she is the one who got Congress to pass a law for payment to all parents who had neurologically-damaged children from the DPT shot (Pertussis the culprit.) Congress also ordered "high risk" brochures in doctors' offices so parents could identify if their kids were at risk if they took the innoculation(s).

TIP: Never give MMR all at one time...you CAN ask to have the shots given separately.
    TIP: Never give any vaccination when your kid has a cold or just got over some infection or disease...when resistance is too low, shot won't work anyway.
    TIP: get rid of toxins from shots..NHP.
    Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• simpy say no and they will have you sign a waiver.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hep B and vitamin K are the ones that I know for sure are given. I wouldn't sugguest the Hep B. Newborns in England have died after having it. And if you don't want your baby to have them be sure to tell your doctor and tell them when your in labor/at the hospital/after the baby's born. And don't let him out of your sight unless you have to and in that case, have a family member who supports your choices go with the baby. Don't let them push you around or talk you into something you don't want to do.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thanks, op

by: cassie_m

cassi...

simpy say no and they will have you sign a waiver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• "Hep B and vitamin K are the ones that I know for sure are given. I wouldn't sugguest the Hep B. Newborns in England have died after having it. And if you don't want your baby to have them be sure to tell your doctor and tell them when your in labor/at the hospital/after the baby's born. And don't let him out of your sight unless you have to and in that case, have a family member who supports your choices go with the baby. Don't let them push you around or talk you into something you don't want to do."

Sara, thanks op

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hep B, Vit K and the silver nitrate stuff, the goopy eye stuff.
    They will do Vit K and the goopy eye stuff unless you specifically tell them not to. Hep B requires you sign something.
    I have tons of info on all of these so if you're interested in learning more, just message me :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yep, just tell them you don't want it. It wasn't a problem with our hospital, no one gave me a hard time or tried to convince me to give it to her or anything.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• say no. write a birth plan and make it clear no vax's are to be given. They will have you sign a medical waiver in most cases.

OR you can bi-pass the problem all together and have birth at home with a midwife if that is legal in your state. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Autum & Blue, Thanks for giving me peace of mind. Now I can go back to sleep. Good Night! op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• With my DD we didn't do the Hep B until her 6 week appointment. They require a signature for it. The vitamin K usually isn't a huge deal, so we were ok with that one, same with the eye stuff. At our hospital we were required to sign for those, too. Just as a heads up, you'll want to make sure your doctor and whoever will be in the hospital with you (DH, SO, friend, mom, whoever) what your wishes are beforehand in case something happens to you while in delievery (needing a c-section, or something goes crazy for whatever reason). So they are sure that they do the "right thing" .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2009