Does any one have any suggestion to help a four year old stop throwing up

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• Make sure she stays on liquids so she doesn't dehydrate. Make sure she doesn't have any heavy meals or any meals for the next 24 hours. Let her eat pretzels or salty crackers which are a lot lighter on her tummy. Poor thing, yeah I feel you. She should feel better when her stomach rests after the no eating thing. If she doesn't, maybe you should see if its stomach flu or something. No dairy!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• is she throwing up because she is sick? or like forcing it? if she is sick watch her closr for dehydration. theres not realy anything you can do to stop it unless its bad enough for a hospital visit in which case they would give her meds to stop it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yeah I think she is sick but she is miserable and throw up 3 times in the last hour in a half. I don't think it's dehydration though I don't see any other signs. I just hate seeing her so miserable and not being able to help. Please it has already made me throw up twice and I don't think it's very comforting when your mom is throwing up to.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• sorry I meant plus not please
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thank you Now any suggestion on how to clean the mess when you have a weak stomache with out throwing up yourself.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If she is throwing up DO NOT give her any liquids or food until an hour after she has thrown up last... That will only make her vomit more and cause her to dehydrate quicker.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2009