This hurts so bad! Is it normal?

When it is getting close to my "time of the month", I get these awful, shooting pains several times a day that last only for a second or two but are so severe that they literally make me jump. This pain seems to come from my rectum, like someone is stabbing me there with a hot knife. I always forget to ask my dr about it. They usually increase in severity through my period and then stop when I am done with it. Is this normal? They seem to get worse each month!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• i have had the same prob and have never asked the doctor. i wish i knew.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i have the same problem girl. i would ask your docter but i been fine so far and nothing is messed up inside of me. might be your own kind of menstrual pains but i would ask to me sure anyways.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• ITS MOST LIKELY CAUSED BECAUSE YOU ARE BLOATED AND CAUSING PRESSURE ON YOUR RECTUM.
    gmzana

Answer by gmzana at 1:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2009