option of abortion in other countries

I was reading an article about Spain that is a strong Catholic country with strict abortion laws. I had never thought about other countries and their abortion laws.

This very well might be the first time I had respect for another country doing it better than the U.S.A. I still love the U.S. and would rather live here than any other country but we could take a look at how others treat their babies. Maybe our infant mortality rate wouldn't be as high as third world countries if we respected the unborn babies.

Does anyone know where the US stands on the lose restrictions of killing a baby? Is it one of the easier countries or in the middle to kill you child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, the best thing about the USA is that we aren't all Catholic
    and there is a growing number of Christian (or similar faiths) people who are realizing that religion has NO PLACE in politics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• ANON, you didn't answer one question BUT FYI, the latest stats on abortion support is pro murder of babies not longer has the majority it is a good split of moral people who understand you respect the lives of even babies--Catholic or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• SURE; lets be like Spain:
    Legal Drinking age: 16+ alone in public / under 16 accompanied by a guardian / any age in the home.

Age of Sexual Consent: 13 - yes you read that right; THIRTEEN!! (Oh those pious Catholics)

Drugs: Any kind are permissable in private spaces; but not public...

So yes by ALL means; please, can we be more like those honest god fearing people of Spain???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• wow do you all only read what you want? Did you all read where I said the first time and where I said I still love the US? I said look at their abortion not drinking age or sex consent. Where the heck did you get that idea?

talk about twisting, turning and pulling it out of you hind side

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Twisting & Turning?? Are you serious? You're the one who's screaming "murder" and "baby killing" from the rooftops! Get real here. Not everyone shares your BELIEF that life begins at conception; deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Infant mortality in the US would be lower if we would just take responsibility for our actions. You have sex then use birth control. There also needs to be more education both on preventing pregnancy and on caring for yourself during pregnancy. Many women get pregnant and don't have insurance and think they can't afford pre-natal care. Too many judgemental people in this country make people ashamed of applying for public assistance. We also need to be more supportive of pregnant women and more supportive of our teens so that they don't get pregnant. Many of the low birth weight and infant deaths are due to young girls having babies and also older women having kids. There are more risks involved in both of those age groups.

As far as where we stand... idk, but at least women have safe access to abortions here. Third world countries don't have that option, but women will still try to get an abortion.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• As a muslim I dont believe in abortions.But i thought I'd just throw this comment in, ( and I'm not condoning abortion, just raising something you might want to consider ).

Even in countries were abortion is prohibtited you will find "illegal abortion clinics" , unfortunately its simply economics, where there is a demand there is normally a supply. I'm not sure how effective prohibtion is in reducing the number ? Seeing as it is underground and illegal i think it is hard to assess the extent to which it still goes on. (and i dont know the answer to that by the way !!! ).

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 3:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Anonymous
    Twisting & Turning?? Are you serious? You're the one who's screaming "murder" and "baby killing" from the rooftops! Get real here. Not everyone shares your BELIEF that life begins at conception; deal with it.
    _
    yes I am serious. What did I twist and turn? Kind of hard to twist and turn your own question. I think it is funny how nobody can answer the question LOL I guess when support murder your brain is already warped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• As far as where we stand... idk, but at least women have safe access to abortions here. Third world countries don't have that option, but women will still try to get an abortion.
    **
    you are correct, woman have the legal and safe choice to slaughter their child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• LOL I guess when support murder your brain is already warped.

Laugh it up dipshit; like I said not everyone shares your BELIEF that life begins at conception; deal with it. So to many people there is no baby to be murdered until a certian point has been reached. You obviously feel that point is when you & your SO think about sex; I personally feel that 'human life' begins with brain activity; and yet there are many who feel it is when the heart beat begins. Your narrow view of the world doesn't 'overrule' other views.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2009