Do husbands tend to have more friends of the opposite sex than the wives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think so. My husband has guy friends and purposefully limits his female friends (not because i want him to. he just does because he respects me ...kinda bugs me actually. lol)
    And I would probably have more friends if i were allowed (for lack of a better word) to have guy friends. ...it's not that i'm not allowed. I just know it makes DH uncomfortable so i just don't have any guy friends at all (or any friends for that matter).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I just know it makes DH uncomfortable so i just don't have any guy friends at all (or any friends for that matter).

Same here! In my case it bothers me that he keeps getting "new" friends from the past. He says that thanks to the Internet he can reunite with old friends. I don't have a problem with that but when it comes to the opposite sex I disagree completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It bothers me... They get so jealous and blame us if we do. Well i have this method with my husband. I do whatever he does exactly and I don't care what he has to say about it. You should try it, It makes me happy.He eventually gives up when he gets jealous. Call up a bunch of guy friends if you aren't into the situation.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't think so necessarily. We both have friends of both sexes; and we 'share' some friends of both sexes...

I refuse to accept Jealousy in my life. It is like a cancer that will destroy your & his happiness. Life is too short to deal with that crap. IMO.

I don't understand how so many women on CM can be involved in these relationships with no trust in them??

outstandingLove: "I just know it makes DH uncomfortable so i just don't have any guy friends at all (or any friends for that matter)"

I find it very sad that you feel the need to live this way. I will pray for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• "Call up a bunch of guy friends if you aren't into the situation. "

Is not a bad idea! I bothers me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Gosh, I have to think about how many male versus female friends we have, because I really don't know!

Neither one of us truly cares about the gender of the other's friends. It's whether those friends are really friends or not that matters. One of my husband's oldest "friends" is someone I think is pure poison, and it's a male. I'd rather he have some sexy redheaded female as a friend than this particular loser because every time they talk on the phone, DH gets aggravated. Which then aggravates me.

Most of my friends are people I've worked with, and more male than female. DH doesn't care. Neither of us is jealous because neither of us has reason to be.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• yeah it causes problems but if u have trust and yall both there and he aint flirting its ok.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 1:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't need you to pray for me.
    but it would be nice if you'd pray that my DH comes home from Iraq in one piece.
    If he were home we would have no issues with opposite sex friends. ...but he is not even on the same continent right now.

sheesh.
    judgmental much?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My husband has some buddies from junior high that he/we go dirt biking, camping, fishing etc. with other then that no girley friends.
    I have a guy friend I new since junior high, but I usually just hang out with my family I don't have time to go hang out with anyone.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yep. Mine does. When I was younger, I used to have a lot of guy friends. No more.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2009