Shettles method? How many of you guys try to time sex around ovulation?

I really want to have a boy, I have a girl already. Anyways, I've been reading all about shettles method, and he says that having sex closest to ovulation gives you a higher chance of having a boy. I just want to know if theres anyone thats tried it. Experience is the best kind of advice. I'm a few days from ovulation and we'll just see.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are lots of different methods that are out there. I'm not sure if any of them really work as well as they say.
    But i do know that i will be trying the shettles method when we finally TTC.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I tried the shettles method, witht he intent of a girl. Got a boy.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I've never tried the Shettles method, but when we were trying to concieve we did aim for sex more around ovulation. We didn't had sex twice day before O, twice day of, and once the day after... and I'm not proud mommy of a beautiful 6 week old boy! I think you get the baby you are suppose to get though. Good luck! You have a fifty percent chance right!? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My mom swears that it worked for her. She says she was planning us boy, girl,boy, girl and she basically succeeded except my two older brothers went boy boy but she had a miscarriage in between them. But yeah she told me try to have sex two to three days before ovulation for a girl and the day of ovulation for a boy, because according to whatever the heck she read the male sperm swin faster then the female sperm but the female sperm live longer then the male sperm. I think she might have just gotten lucky though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't think it really works. Granted I wasn't actually trying for one specific gender over the other but for our second I figured out when I was ovulating and we had sex then. We have a girl. Honestly, I think there really is no predictor for gender, it is just whichever sperm makes it there first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yep, I tried it. It worked. I got my boy. We had sex the day before I ovulated.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• We used the Shettles Method successfully with my youngest. It's easier to try for a boy than a girl. You need to be absolutely sure of when you're ovulating, so OPKs and tracking your CM is really helpful even in the months before you start trying. I was having some problems and had a preovulatory ultrasound so I know I was within probably 12 hours of ovulation. I also cut out dairy products and ate more iron rich foods because there is some theory on that in Shettles' book.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009