I need some candy recipes that would be safe for a child to eat with severe nut/nut oil allergy

My daughter is 10 yrs old and I have had the roughest time finding candy during the Halloween season that is safe for her to eat. She is severely allergic to all nuts/nut oils. if anyone has any recipes or knows of some candy out for retail could you let me know. Thank you

LdyDrgn769

Asked by LdyDrgn769 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i have a niece that is allergic to food dyes and i just googled for recipes for her.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts too I found this list online...I hope it helps
    Peanut and Tree-Nut Free CandyHaribo Gummi Candies (anything made by Haribo)Skittles and Mint SkittlesMike and IkesAltoids Mints, Original & Cinnamon (not Chocolate variety)Mike and IkesHershey’s KissablesHershey (plain) chocolate bars, personal size only (not King size, not Minis)Hershey (plain) chocolate Kisses (not King Size, not Holiday/Seasonal Bags)Wonka’s Nerds & Nerds RopeLaffy TaffyRuntsSuper Bubble bubble gum by Farley’s and SathersDubble Bubble GumTooties Pops & Tootsie Rolls (anything made by Tootsie)Junior MintsLifesaver GummiesSmartiesSour Patch Kids – all varietiesWhoppersSweet TartsNecco wafersDum Dum lollipopsSunMaid chocolate-covered raisinsRing Pops candy rings by The Topps Co.Push Pops by The Topps Co.Bottle Caps cont...
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Pop RocksNow and LatersZoursHot TamalesRed VinesTrolli gummi worms and racecars, sour wormsJolly Rancher hard candy, lollipops and gummi candyYork Peppermint PattiesTwizzlersRolosStarburst fruit chew, lollipops and jelly beansKraft MarshmallowsDonsemour Madelines & Chocolate-Dipped MadelinesTrader Joe’s Milk Chocolate Chips, Trader Joe’s Semi Sweet Chocolate ChipsHaagen Dazs Ice CreamsSafeway ICEE frozen fruit popsCake mixes and frostings from Pillsbury, but check labels: some contain nuts but are manufactured separately.Please consult a physician if you have concerns about how these products may relate to you or your family member’s specific condition.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• they said peanut and tree nut free I'm not sure about the oils I would hope that they wouldn't contain the nut oils if they put them on a list like that.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If it's severe I'm guessing you avoid food with a "made in shared facility" warning. You can buy ELF chocolate chips, chocolate molds and colored foils and make your own bars.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 8:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• yes actually we have to because of the nut oils that could possibly be transferred in a made in shared facility. only problem with making own chocolate is that I've never seen that brand before and the brands that are available here share facilities. but thank you for the advice i'm going to look for that brand. hopefully i'll find it somewhere.
    LdyDrgn769

Answer by LdyDrgn769 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2009