What can I do about my stinky clothes?!

We are using dye free, fragrance free detergent, bleach (Clorox 2), fabric softener, and dryer sheets because we have sensitive skin. Well recently I noticed that the washer stinks. No biggie, it's just a washer. Then I took my clothes out of the dryer today, smelled my shirt since this is the first time using the dye free/fragrance free dryer sheets, and my shirt smelled like the washer. WTF? I had to spray some perfume on the shirt to make it stop stinking. How do I get the washer to smell better so that my clothes don't smell like they haven't even been washed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• maybe run it with baking soda or bleach on Hot so maybe that can clear out any hidden smells/odors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• oh and run it with no clothes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• OP Here. Anon, how much baking soda or bleach should I use? I have this washer.

HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Try arm and hammer laundry soap.I ave to use the no dye frag. etc. to cause my son is allergic to all that stuff .I even use it on his bedding when he has accidents and it takes the smell out.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• and most laundry soaps have one for high efficency washers
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• run it with vinegar whole bottle with out clothes

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hey, I have almost that same washer, in gray. I use a product called Affresh. You can get it at Best Buy, and it comes in packages of three. Toss in one tablet and run a HOT washer load without clothes. The best thing to prevent smells is to dry out the door seal every time you finish using the washer, or leave the door open overnight.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2009