What would you do in this situation?

*This is a hypothetical situation*

You have some errands to run, and because of time constraints and such, you must take your young infant (4 months or younger) with you. You head out, get a few of the errands done, then realize you forgot a bill that has to be paid that day. You head home, and the second you pull into your driveway (in this hypothetical, you don't have a garage), a torrential downpour starts. Do you leave the baby in the car while you run in and get the bill, or do you bring him/her out into the rain?

Oh, and you cannot choose to "pay the bill later/online".

makelineerror

Asked by makelineerror at 1:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ummm thats really hard lol but i think i would leave him in the car really quick but lock the doors.... and be really fast
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd leave her in the car if it would only take a minute to run in, get the bill, and come back out. But I would turn the car off and put the emergency brake on, just in case!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Well, if I had to, I would leave the baby in the car just to run in to my house unless I lived in like an apartment complex, or in a bad area of town, or even in a very crowded area because where we live right now, we are on a military installation and know all our neighbors, and I wouldn't see a problem with running in for a few seconds to grab a bill.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If the car was in the driveway or garage, I would leave the kids in the car. I've done that when they fall asleep and I have to bring groceries inside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i would definitally leave the baby in the car as long as i knew my neighbors and whatnot. If it is safe enough to let my kids play outside its safe enough to leave my infant in the car for 30 seconds to grab a bill. Isnt it basically the same as sleeping in a different room with or without a baby monitor? Thats how i see it. Some people do have multiple story homes and they do leave the floor the baby is on to get things done while baby is napping right? Very similar.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Leave the baby in the car if it is just for a couple of minutes.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Depends where the car is/was !!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 3:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• No. There's no reason to take him/her out in the pouring rain. If the car was close enough, and locked, and I would only be gone for a minute, Yes. I would leave the baby there.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i don't leave my daughter for a single second anywhere. either i take her in with me to get the bill or the bill simply does not get paid until another day. I'm too paranoid anything can happen to me or her.. that would cause her to be hurt, taken away or me to be put in a situation to be at blame for anything. and it's hard... i know.. i live in an apt building and i have to lug her down 3 floors and up 3 floors.. but i do what i have to do. i have also learned to use my nieghbors and the person at the laundry mat on my corner for situations like this.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN LEAVING MY KIDS OR (BABY) IN THE CAR WHILE I RUN INTO THE HOUSE IS OK. MY FEAR IS ALWAYS THEM GETTING LOCKED IN THE CAR. SO WEATHER IT WAS POURING RAIN OR NOT I'D HAVE TO AT LEAST CRACK THE WINDOW DOWN A LITTLE! IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FEAR OF MINE SINCE THEY WERE BORN... AND WE STARTED RUNNING ERRANDS THAT TYPE OF THING. EVEN WHEN I LIVED IN THE BIG CITY I'D LOCK THEM IN THERE WHILE I RAN INSIDE BUT THE WINDOW WAS DOWN ENOUGH FOR AIR AND MY ENTRY SHOULD I EVER HAVE TO HA HA.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2009