ok a question,,,,,

does anyone know where i can send or give my cats to?? free of charge,, i can not keep them my son has asthma... i love them but i have to think of my son,,by the way one is pregnant(luna),,than lil ray,,they both are 1 yr old and ace is 8months old ,they are house cats.any offers of advice will be appreciated,,,,nilda,god bless

seexxymama4u2me

Asked by seexxymama4u2me at 1:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pets

• take them to a local petsmart or pet-co, in Texas they take them for free! Or bring them to your local ASPCA office. Every major city has one just look in the yellow pages in the phone book for one near you or get on the website! GL!!!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You could put them on craigslist and if that doesn't work look up a non-kill shelter in your area. Hope you find thema good home.
    armywife12

Answer by armywife12 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I agree with Armywife. Look for a no-kill shelter. If you put them up on Craigslist, make sure you do a home check before you give them your cats; you don't want them going to a home that isn't ready for them.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You can post them on FreeCycle.org whatever you put up on there HAS to be free. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You are seriously looking for someone to take your pregnant cat plus your other cat? Cats can have up to 10 kittens. Do you really think someone off the street would be willing to take on all of those cats plus the financial part of it. Be responsible and have her spayed pregnant or not (unless she is ready to pop) before trying to find her a home. There are too many cats already in shelters looking for homes. If you are not willing to do that then you need to just take them to one of your local rescues to let them take care of the spaying and finding them a home. spay her. Call your vet also, they may be willing to take them and find them homes. I'm sorry but if you were irresponsible enough to allow your cat to get pregnant you should be willing to pay the $60 dollars or whatever to surrender the cats.   I'm sorry if this is harsh but i have worked in rescue a long time and find this sort of thing beyond frustrating.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• craigslist.com
    or freecycle.org

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Holy crap I'm sick of some of the snarky responses people give. She never said she couldn't afford the animals. She said that her child has asthma. In case you didn't already know this an asthma attack which these cats could bring on could kill her child. But hey better to hang on to the cat until it's spayed or has kittens and risk her son dying right? Because after all the animal is by far way more important.... She just asked what she could do. You could have simply answered her question and saved the lecture for peta or something. A no kill shelter will take her and if she is far along will wait til the kittens are born and weaned to adopt them all out. It sucks to burden the shelters more but bottom line HUMAN children come first. If you advertise the cats be careful about who you chose to take them obviously. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I never said she should hang on to the cat i just said that not many people would be willing to take on a pregnant cat and that she should take responsibility for it have the cat spayed before placing her. I did answer the question if you had bothered to read the entire response i told her to take the cats to a shelter or vet . I simply said that trying to find some one off the street willing to take on the financial responsibility of her two cats plus who knows how many kittens will be hard to find. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It's her cat....let her choose what she wants to do with it,

try the links i gave or drop her off to be killed ...its better than your baby falling ill because of her..
    and maybe she will be adopted, :)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2009