Missing from the Bible?

Jesus is born. He is 12 in temple. Then he is 30.

What occured in his life in the missing years??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you were 12 years old, and someone told you that you were the son of God and you had to die for everyone's sins, wouldn't that age you just a bit too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• rofl; funny; but I do really want to know too...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• There are missing books of teh bible that chronical Jesus's youth and early manhood. I don't know what they are called or where to find them, but I did watch something on the History channel about them. It was quite interesting.

I hope you find what you're looking for!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• lol, just as a side not... when I posted my last response, there were 666 characters left :p
    Ati_13

• I think Ati is referring to the Gnostic Gospels.

There are books that were left OUT of the Bible. You will even see books left out of the King James Bible that can be found in the Catholic Bible. I imagine the Eastern Orthodox Bibles have differences too.

Which is why I see the Bible as the Word of God as portrayed by Man...and therefore not infallible.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'm of the belief that God didn't tell us everything. He told us what was important. But if those books were indeed written, I'd be interested in knowing more about our beloved Messiah. and i'd be interested in knowing why they are missing.

fyi: Islam does not speak at all to the youth of Jesus that i know of. Which leads me to believe that it was unimportant (meaning that it's not something we need to know in order to make it to paradise and stay out of the fire) and there fore not revealed because the Quran was revealed to confirm and verify what came before it and to bring new law.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• TY for your responses - I guess I was kind of hoping someone had already been this curious and done the digging for me; lol

Aasiyah - why they are missing is because at the Nicean Council (and several other times thru history) MAN decided he knew best what should and should not be included...which is why I shake my head in disbelief when people take it literally instead of metaphorically...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• there is nothing "missing" from the Bible. That is like picking up a library book that is numbered pages 1-100 with 100 pages and then saying there are missing chapters. The bible is the complete book put together by the council. If there are books you want to read that are not PART of the bible you need to pick up other books, just like you need to pick up another library book if you want something that book doesn't offer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I stand corrected, as I hit answer question I thought there is a way there are missing books in the bible. If a person ripped out books or pages in a bible then there would be something missing out of the complete bible that was put together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• isn't there disagreement amongst the scholars regarding whether there were whole books /pages/revelations missing from the original text and not included in the compilation and what is now considered the bible?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2009