Contractions

I am 39 weeks. Last night BF and me had sex to try and make the baby come sooner! This morning I woke up and I felt a trickle on my leg. I stood up and I had a very small gush and i continued to leak for the rest of the day, so I thought my water broke. I called my midwife & she advised me to go to the hospital so they could check and see if my water really did break. I went and my water actually did not break, but they did say that I was having contractions that were regular and 3 min apart. I was not feeling them! They sent me home since I wasn't feeling them and told me to call when I was in labor. Now it's about 9hrs later and I am starting to feel contractions(i think), but they don't really hurt. They are somewhat regular but at the same time not. I'm afraid I will wait too late to go to hospital (as stupid as that sounds). Did anyone else have contractions that didn't hurt? Will they start to hurt? What do u guys think?

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 1:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I fell on my tummy and went to the ER just to be safe and they told me I was having contractions and I couldn't feel them at all! Just go to the hospital! the worst thing they can say to you is your not in labor! That is their job. Dont feel bad for doing it either! I have been to the hospital about 3 times this past week because I thought I was in labor! GL!!!!!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Mine didn't really hurt at first either, they felt more like period cramps. Then they started to really hurt, and then I got an epidural and it was all better, until it was time to start pushing lol.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thank you so much. I am pretty sure I am having them. I was already there once today and feel stupid if I go back again. I have been there so many times throughout my pregnancy already. My dr. says to not go to the hospital until my contractions are 5 min apart lasting 1 min for 1hr. I am having so much trouble timing these because I barely feel them!!! But if I feel my tummy with my hand it will be hard and then softer.. so that's really the only way I can tell right now. The most one has lasted was 45 seconds and the rest are between 10-30 seconds (by the way I am timing them) and I've had about 40 since 8:30pm (it's almost 2am now) This is so frustrating! I want the baby to come and I can't wait and part of me feels like I am making the contractions up! lol What should I dooooooo
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• you'll feel them sooner or later, don't go to the hospital until your in pain, Until then I wouldn't worry. If i were you i'd try to get as much done as i can, because its gonna get really hard later, you'll be too tired from the baby n labor :P
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• call the doctor Im sure they have a 24 hour line just call and ask them I would personally go to the hospital though.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2009