I need help FAST!

I NEED a free attorney!! I DON'T need free legal advice. I have that. I need an attorney to help me get my daughter back before she's raped or molested again at her dad's.
No one is listening to me: social services, Child Protection, Police, the Judge or the Guardian ad Litem. She is in SERIOUS danger and I have to get her back!!
I have been turned down (repeatedly) by legal aid. I need HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you considered going to the press? I assume you have good reason to think she's been hurt by her father... take the proof to the local paper and the local news stations.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I am SO so sorry... I don't have any advice for you. I can't even think of any words of comfort for you.

*hugs*... if you don't mind, I think my patron Goddess, Freya, would be able to help out... I will pray for you if it doesn't offend you.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Regarding the press...you need to have solid proof and need to be prepared to be scrutinized within an inch of your life. This sort of thing has to be very carefully vetted or the media company could be facing a libel suit.

As a journalist myself, I know I'd probably pass on the story unless there were medical reports or photos that could back up the mom's claim.

You MUST have proof or it can be seen as just a disgruntled mom.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• One more thing. Call teh district attorney's office. A private attorney cannot get criminal prosecution carried out. If there was actual rape, was there an exam? A rape kit? Without those things you haven't a leg to stand on, I fear.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I wasn't informed of the rape until 3 yrs after the fact. Her dad and SM told me themselves. They said the boy apologized, so now everything is "cool".
    We had court the end of Sept and she was with me (her dad and I agreed I would have her for the school year - albeit a verbal agreement) and hearsay evidence about me was admitted in court and I was not allowed to testify to prove the truth. The judge told me I was not to talk unless HE asked me a question and then I was ONLY to answer THAT question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• that would be why...its been three years and the statue of limitations gives a time limit to report any type of crime...if you go beyond that time there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done about it....hiring a lawyer wont make a diff...they will tell you the same thing....the MOST you can do is check to see what the statue of limitations is in your state...i THINK it is five years in my state....but not sure.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2009