Salty breasts?

I know this sounds weird or bizarre because I tried to look it up and didn't find any answers.

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and a month ago or so..when my husband would suck my boobs one boob he would tell me that one boob tastes very salty while the other is normal. BTW this is my first pregnancy and I am not breastfeeding or anything. I asked him if there was any discharge and he said no. I don't think this is sweat or anything eww because I take a shower and we do it right after.

Is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be his sweat on you, it could be a small amount of discharge that he didnt notice came out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• At 21 weeks pregnant, you're body is doing all sorts of weird things (I would know- I'm 25 weeks pregnant). I'm sure your boobs are just getting ready for the baby- even if you can't see any visible signs of discharge, the suction probably drew a minuscule bit out. I started having a very slight amount of "gunk" at 12 weeks. It stopped at about 20 weeks, but it just started back up again about one week ago. No big deal, perfectly normal. It might taste different to him next week, or who knows, maybe even the other boob. Oh and it's also normal for one boob to produce more milk than the other. For me, Lefty seems like it's going to be the good provider! lol
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 6:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• it was most likely colostrum which is what comes in before you have the baby and it can happen early on or right before or even the day you have the baby the milk doesnt come in till 2-3 days after you have the baby ... i wouldnt worry about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009