What's your greatest ambition? What's keeping you from it, if anything?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 3:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I want to be an RN in Maternity. I've always wanted to help people and what better job then to help a mother bring her child into this world. To see a mother hold her child for the first time would be a great joy. But after the birth of my 2nd child, my eye sight went bad. And I have nerve damage on my right side. The worst part is, I was half way threw nursing school.

MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 1:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I would love to work as an accountant or payroll clerk again. I used to work as a accountant/payroll clerk in germany for 8 years. But here in the US you need to have an MBA to get a good job like this (even that I have it done already in germany but it doesn't count the same her in the States) plus most places want you to have US Citizenship (I just have a green card). So my greatest ambition right now is to finally get my US citizenship and go to college and get my MBA and get the job I want...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 5:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i want to be an obstetrician. i'm just not smart enough for medical school. nor do we have the $$ for me to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Honestly I don't really know. My children are growing up and they have been my only real focus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• CRAZY BUT I WANT THE SOCCER MOM LIFE. HOME WITH KIDS PLAY DATES NICE CUTE FISSIONABLE CLOTHES FOR THEM.. ME I DON'T CARE SO MUCH. I WANT THE SAHM LIFE... PEOPLE SAY ITS BORING PEOPLE SAY ITS GREAT I WANT TO KNOW FOR MYSELF.

PROBLEM IS IM A SINGLE MOM WITH 2 KIDS AND BILLS! :)
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I want to write a book. Either a novel or a children's story. Believe it or not it's actually HARDER to publish a children's story than it is to get published as a novelist. I'd also be happy as an essayist.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I wanted to be a pediatrician......family is holding me back. medical school and residancy is too much to put on my dh and the kids. So was going to try to go for a phyicians assistant but i am still on the fence about it so I will do nursing first because you have to have a bachelors degree in some sort of science field and have work experience in the medical field before you can get accepted in PA school. Right now dh isan OTR truck driver and i am a sahm. I plan on starting online classes in january.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 9:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• To have my own Photography company. The one thing keeping forom having it is the start up money for equipment.

Before that, child psychiatrist, the many years of school held me back from that, and it might be too late now...
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 9:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Get my Juris Doctorate after I finish my MBA.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I want to have a farm and be almost completely self supportive. I want few bills (maybe just a phone) and everything else powered by wind, sun, etc. I know its a hard life, but I'm so tired of sucking it up and paying the "man" for daycare, etc. I would love to have a farm and support my family.

What's holding me back? I'm broke. I can't afford land. I'm stuck in the mouse wheel that is life, running is circles, just barely scraping by.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009