Do you think this is a good thing or doesn't matter...

I feel that to be sure a relationship is going to last through anything, a huge fight needs to happen. He doesn't understand why I feel this way. We have been together for over a year, have a 4 1/2 month old daughter and still have not gotten into a big argument or disagreement.... I think this needs to happen. What are your ladies thoughts on this???? Do you think its a "need to happen" thing or something that I should let go???

SlapHappi

Asked by SlapHappi at 3:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I used to feel that way, but not fighting is a good thing as long as one of you isn't purposefully avoiding any and all conflict. Otherwise, be happy you don't fight and that you get along so well!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 4:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• you havent been together that long so i wouldnt think you should be fighting that much yet...dont force it...itll happen one day
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My husband and I have been together for 8 years. To this day we have never had an arguement. It was understood from the start that talking through things and working things out was the only way. If we disagree on something or just had a rough day we talk about it. We have both been through alot of drama with ex spouses, we went through a foreclosure, lost jobs, had vehicles break, things that could have really stressed our relationship. But here we are happy. Keep those communication lines open and honest and you'll have nothing to worry about!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 7:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't really think you need to have a huge argument in order to have a solid relationship. To me, it is not an indicator that your relationship is strong enough to withstand anything, just that it can withstand that particular argument. Honestly, if you guys don't argue, I'd be happy with that and be glad that I found someone that I was so compatible with. Unless one or both of you is avoiding conflict, and just kind of "bowing down" to the other, this is really a good thing.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Ten years married and no fights, not one. I think you should let it go.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Consider yourselves among the very lucky and let it go.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2009