he wa screaming and pushing me around!!!!!

me and dh just go into a huge fight and he started yelling and i kept telling him to calm down bc dd when right there(shes almost 1) and he wouldnt stop but when i was telling him to stop i was right in front of him and he was telling me to go away,then he started shoving me back! i told him he need to stop and just leave and he kept saying shit like he didnt love me and hed be so happy once he got a divorce and shoving me if igot by him then one time he punched me(not hard,i can tell he held back but it still hurta bit. well he was still yelling and i layed my hand on his arm and said u need to leave and he shoved me and i grabbbed him to keep from falling and he grabbed my neck and was chocking me for a few secs(till i turned red) then shoved me to the floor. i was so upset by that point i started guiding him to the door(not pushing i had my hand on his arm and said u need to leave) and he shoved me some more but finally

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• cont...
    left but not before saying he'd never let me keep dd and i'd be hearing from his lawyer. i dont know what to do...he's NEVER EVER been like this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• What the hell was he tripping on? He can't get sole custoday of the child. He has proven to be violent. I can't tell you what to do but I would defiinately file charges. You need it on record that he attacked you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You had every right to lead him out of the house. He assulted you. It doesn't matter if he held back at hitting you the fact of the matter is he hit you. Next time it could be worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• op here--i know he will never get her,and i know once he calms down he'll be back and be shitting for a few days then act like nothing happened...but does he think im supposed to act like nothing happened? i mean like i said i could tell he held back bc a few mins later it didnt even hurt,but STILL he hit me! not to mention everything else he did.the only reason he left was bc i tossed his pants and shirt on the porch and when he went to get them i locked the door.
    Anonymous

• op again--sorry i meant he'd be shitty for days in the other responce
    and hes yelled when we fought before and always says he didnt mean it later,but this time he said he didnt love me or want me anymore and wanted a divorce and was violent,he cant take that back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• FILE A REPORT! You will NEED this to keep custody
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 6:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• you need to file a report so that it is on record for many reasons.
    was he drinkin or anything?
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 6:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• There is never any excuse for hitting another person. That being said, everyone does have weaknesses. So, here are some things for you to ask yourself. Who started the fight? What was it over? Is it a fight that you have had a bunch of times before over the same issue? Do you know what your husband's weakest points are and do you know how to agitate him about them? What are your own greatest weaknesses and does he know how to stir you up on those? When you get into an argument, are you soft spoken and calm or do you also yell and say things that may cut him to the bone? What I want you to see is that problems in marriage are never 100% the blame of one party and 0% the blame of the other. So, before you toss him to the curb, you should determine how much of the problems are your fault and do everything in your power to change those. Then you can put the rest of the blame squarely on your husband.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• That's abuse get away from him in time he will forget about a child. A madman like that doesn't have time for kids. Get away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• File a report! It doesnt matter that this was the first/only time he's done that. It's shown he can be violent. Do it, so if there is a custody battle, you have proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2009