pork chops

i took them out for tom,,,,,,my husband hates them ,,,,,,says they r always dry,,any recipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i have put mine in a casserole dish, put a bit of maple syrup on them and slices of apple on top, then put a tiny bit of water in the bottom and baked them...they came out VERY good and moist..
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I have tried ever thing but boiling them. They are always dry. Sense they are pork you can not under cook them like beef steaks.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• well thats when the thermometer is your best friend....you want to pull them out when they are five degrees away from the correct temp...cover them up with tinfoil and let them rest for five minutes...its called carryover...by wrapping them and getting them out of the heat they are still hot enough to keep cooking out of the oven and will rise the last five degrees, thus not drying out...when you pull them out AT the right temp they are still gonna keep cooking....that can dry them out...i watch alton brown on food network...thats where i got the idea from, and hes right...IT WORKS!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Pork can be pink!!! It is not like chicken. It can not be red but it can be pink.
    The best pork i have ever done was cooked like this (my dp loves pork)

heat fry pan to med/high, put a dash of oil and a large knob of butter in pan. once bubbling add seasoned pork chops. (season with salt and pepper) cook for around 5mins on first side then around 3mins on second side. (depending on the size) Once less springy and slightly firm to the touch take the pork out and place on a plate or chopping board and leave to rest for about 5 mins. i serve this with a pot of chicken gravy, apple sauce, and roast veg.
    i hope this helped :)
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I personally never under cook pork chops, it can be dangerous. I cook mine until I can cut a slit in them & see that there is no pink left, but my pork chops come out juicy & yummy. I posted this previously.

I have a simple recipe that I've been making for years, & my family loves. I don't have exact measurements, but it's easy.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray a baking dish with cooking spray, or coat lightly with oil.

In a shallow bowl or plate, mix some dijon mustard (really any mustard will work) about 1/4 cup & about 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. if you don't have lemon juice, a little orange or lime juice works, & vinegar in a pinch.

Put about half a cup of seasoned bread crumbs on another plate. Add more breadcrumbs as needed.

Coat each pork chop with the mustard mixture, then bread crumbs. Place in the prepared baking dish.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• whew...... there is no more danger of trichinosis from under cooked pork. try brining them and yes, cook like a steak!
    http://www.porkrecipes.org/
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I mix instant potato flakes, a little bit of flour and bread crumbs together in a big bowl. I add garlic salt, paprika, pepper and dried onions(not onion powder) and I mix it all together. I dip the pork chops in eggs and then the breading mix heat up some olive oil and fry them in a pan. They taste ohhhh so yummy and are not dry at all. I cook them about 20 mins or so. Never really paid attention to the time, just slit one open in about fifteen mins or so to "check" them.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I forgot to add that I also put some crushed garlic in the pan when I'm heating up the oil. We love garlic in this house, so that may not be to your liking. :) just thought I'd add that too in case you were interested.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I saute them just to brown them. I put the servings of rice needed in the bottom of a crockpot, I had a can of cream of chicken soup and the milk to make the soup. I lay the porkchops on top of the rice. They I add another can of cream of chicken soup and the milk. I cook on low for about 6 hours or high for about 3 hours. Check once in a while to see how the rice is doing. The pork chops will fall apart into the rice and "gravy". YUMMY!!!!

You can also pan fry the pork chops, do not over cook though. That is what makes them dry. I would say cook for no more than 20 minutes total. Check by cutting into the center of one to see if the pink is gone. Once the pink is gone, the chops are done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Do them in the crockpot with some cream of mushroom soup. They come out VERY VERY tender.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2009