Do you go to church? Why or why not?

My Husband and I believe in God, We just don't believe in organized religion..so no, We don't go to church. We have been to church several times, before We met and a few times since We got Married (went with friends), but not since Our Son was born. We do respect those who are religious..as long as you don't try to shove it down Our throats.

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 8:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. Churches around here don't like lesbians LOL!
    Anonymous

• I also believe in God, but not religion. I would like to go to church, but I don't agree with the teachings of any one I've gone to. I am not comfortable taking my child to a church where he will be told unless people are Christian they go to hell. I think taking him to church only to tell him what they say isn't really true would be hypocritical.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Very good points! I agree with you 100%, Anon. Thank you for voicing your opinion. =D
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 8:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• No. I am in the same boat, I do not care for organized religion. But I wanted to start going to church to meet people in my area. I just can't bring myself to get up and get out of the house that early, and my husband works Sunday nights so it would be just me and my son.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I agree. I believe there is a GOD, I just don't believe in the Christain God. SO I don't go to church
    im23vaughn

Answer by im23vaughn at 9:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I would rather be a good person than pray about it , Practise toing right than read about it
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 10:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i want to go to church, i was never baptised, and i had really bad things happen in my life and im only 20, and i think its because of never being baptised, and my sisters were and they have a good life, so when i baptise my 3 week old daughter soon, i want to start going to church with my SO and his family.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• No, I do not go to church. I'm not Christian. Mother Earth is my place of worship!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I love God!! I love worship service, but we don't go as often as we should. We feel church should be about closeness and relationship and folks have a hard time being real. They seem to think church is all about plastering on a fake smile and pretending they are perfect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• We go to church it helps us be around others of our faith. We also learn so much reading the bible with other believers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009