Did your partner change after the baby was born?

Has anybody been having problems with the Daddy during the pregnancy and he changed his ways after the baby was born? My bestfriend claims nobody ever changes, and my Mother says my Father changed his "Player" ways after I was born and was all about me. I'm 33 weeks right carrying a Boy.

katsogrimey

Asked by katsogrimey at 9:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my husband took a turn for the worst after my son was born. It was so horrible. The lack of sleep, sex, communication, alone time, ect can really take its toll out. We got better after there was a set schedule. Just dont forget about ur husband. Im on baby number 2 so we are more prepared in that area. I wish u the best of luck girl.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• me and SO actually split up when i was 4.5 months pregnant with my first we barely even spoke until a few weeks before she was born. he came around and "tried" to change which last like 8 months, we split up again and now that im pregnant again its almost scary how different he is! i think he finally realized what the important things were in his life. GL
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my SO seemed like he was on the rode to becoming an alcholic, he drank every night, went to the bar drove drunk, it was horrible, i almost left because i didn't want my baby to be brought up in that but the few days before my daughter was born he stoped drinking cold turkey, and my daughter is 3 weeks old, and he only drinks at home every now and then like during football or when he is working on his car.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yes My SO never came to the drs appts with me never talked about the baby he would still go out and play pool and drink beers and smoke pot, He came to one ultrasound appt and when he found out it was a boy he got really excited and finally started buying the baby things. When I went into labor he brought me to the hospital stay til the baby was born and then left went to work and still didnt even come back until the next day. When I came home, he is all over the baby playing with him changing him showing him off he is a great dad but I honestly thought I was gonna be a single mom there for awhile. Now he will have a beer at night when he comes home from work, but he dont go out unless I can go and we have a sitter, he dont smoke at all since the baby is born. I am very proud of him.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My x moved out before each kid was born. I think he did that to play around bc after the kids were born he'd come back and he'd behave himself. In the end he kept cheating so I had to leave but some men do settle down after they have kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My husband changes after each child, after our son was born he wants to work harder, play with him all the time. And after our daughter was born he got a lot more protective and proud, wanted to show off his little girl. I think he softened up, hes not as bull headed and selfish. he wants to spend all his time with us and i think he respects and appreciates me more. There is still things we need to work on but we are better now than we were before our kids were born.
    Anonymous

• Wow all of your replies made me think alot. thanks guys =)
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 12:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The problem with my SO is that he didn't change. He still goes out to the bar all the time, doesn't help me around the house, doesn't help me with the bby, doesn't feel like he has any responsibility at all. It's leading towards a split in the very near future.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 12:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• blueberyyplz...thats how my SO other was with my first. i did leave we took a break for 5 months im now pregnant with our second and hes a totally different person. try removong yourself from him so he can see what hes losing. it may or may not work but it did over here!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009