• In the Spotlight:

is this normal

ok so you know when you get scared and your whole body feels like its pounding and your heart beats really fast and you get short of breath. ok well the past few days i get that feeling but i am not getting scared i will just b sitting there. i didnt have this with my first and im about 6 ish weeks with this baby so im kinda concerned i have a dr apt on tues at 7am so i will talk 2 my doc about it then but ya i was wondering if anyone else has felt this

Remmismommy

Asked by Remmismommy at 10:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had heart palpitations early in this pregnancy & my friend who is pregnant was also having them.  I asked my doctor about it & he said since my BP was normal, it was most likely just my body getting used to all the changes.  It went away after the early second trimester for me & didn't happen nearly enough for me to worry.

Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i felt like this all the time with my first, i hated it my doc said its beacuse your heart is working over time to supply blood to your growing baby, i would talk to your doctor any time your concerned about you or your baby. GL
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Sometimes it's normal but let the dr listen to your heart to rule out any problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2009