What is the best vacuum for indoor/outdoor dogs?

I have used brissell pet vac and just bought Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vac - 37602 and they lose their suctions so quickly. I stop and clean out every few minutes but after a few days doesnt seem to work at all. They have a dog door so they are hard on the carpet. They bring in mud and sticks plus the toy fluff. The only thing that seems to work is a shopvac but being pregnant its getting annoying real quick. Any suggestions?

kakgsp

Asked by kakgsp at 10:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pets

• Girl, I use a shop vac in my house. It's the most powerful and thorough vacuum you could ever own!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The Dyson for pet hair is the absolute BEST vacuum for pet hair. YES it costs a pretty penny but WORTH every single penny and the warranty is WAY better than any other vacuum on the market

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The Best Vacuum i have ever used is a kirby. they are pricey but you can find them on craigslist cheaper
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Dyson Pet. The purple one. My husband traded my Dyson (loved it) for a Kirby. Ugliest heaviest vaccum I have ever used. Been a year and I'm still mad about it. HATE IT!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Oreck, Oreck, Oreck!!!! We went through 4 different vacs and spent upwards of 400 to 500 per vac. They all lost suction and clogged easily. They were all bagless and I hated them after 1 month. I have a Chow Chow and a Chocolate Lab. My husband bought me an Oreck and I LOVE IT!!!! I have had it for 5 - 6 years and the suction on it is just a good as day 1. Not cheap but no more expensive than what I was paying for the others. A friend of ours has had one for about 12 years and she says hers is still going strong. Spend the money on it. It is SO worth it. The suction is strong on them. Granted not as strong as a shop vac but pretty strong. And they are pretty light weight. Great for a pregnant woman. They are self propelled and SO EASY to lift and carry if you have a 2 story.
    Carista

Answer by Carista at 12:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2009