how can i tell some one i care about to start helping me with a mans part ?

we have been living toughter for 6 months he helps out like cleaning and stuff like that,but not in the money part.i pay all the bills buys all the food ,i even pay the bill when we go out any were.

cyndilou76

Asked by cyndilou76 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• He needs to look for a real job with steady hours. If you don't tell him, he never will get off his butt and the sooner you tell him the better. Good luck.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 7:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Just say "John, I need help paying the bills. We're struggling, financially, and I'm stressed out because of it. Is there any way I could convince you to find a job to help us out?"
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• you should have sat down with him at the gate the day you to mentioned living together you should have been very clear what you exspected of him it's not to late to tell him he has to share the bills with you and that is that! no need to consider how to tell him you just tell his ass he should already no this since hes a man and all what the hell makes him think he can live any where rent free, live off a mother with children? you no what makes him think so? you have allowed this to happen, he can't see you need help, you desreve help? if he's not man enough to step up regardless what you have asked of him he's not a real man, this should not even be topic conversation! listen stop trying to figure out away to tell this MAN to do his part, when the next set of bills comes in write on the damn mail his half!
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 11:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• start joking around with him calling him a mooch, freeloader, deadweight, parasite ect, if he does not get the hint or does not care at all, he is just using you. He cannot be a real man if he lets you pay the whole way. I personally would never have moved in with such a little boy but obviously you care so I hope it works out for you:) ( I am so not trying to be rude, I just don't think you deserve that)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• whoa, that should have been discussed before you moved in together. Everything =. Since you didn't do that then just tell him that the financial part of the deal is too hard on you the way it is. Tell him it's only fair that all bills be divided equally. Keep in mind that if his intentions are to just live off of you then he will leave so be ready for that possibility. If he does leave then he wasn't worth having anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I think mememommie has hit the nail on the head
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 12:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• is he working? Do you have separate checking accounts? Whose name is on the bills (electric...cable etc???)
    You need to sit down with him and discuss this together. Sounds like he is mooching off you. Keep your finances separate until you marry (IF you marry--sounds like you have things to work out first)..
    If he is resistant, then you need to re-think this relationship.
    Anonymous

• yes he is working and i am the only one that has a checking account and my name is on all the bills,and i just bought a house he only woks every other day for 3 hours and dont get a pay check he works on camision.
    cyndilou76

Answer by cyndilou76 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009