Should I get divorce already or what? I feel like a single parent. He only comes around on weekends and give me so money for baby.

I been marrried for 6 years to a functioning alcoholic. According to him he does not have such a big problem cause he drinks on weekends and a few drinks during the week. Out of the 6 years, the most we ever got to live under the same room would be a bout 3 months. He would come home al late or not at all and I would pack my bags ang go back to my mother. He used to always say that the day we had a baby he would change and stop drinking. Well, she is here and the same. I am pissed regardless because our friends are all married and leaving together with their newborn babies, Us, as soon as my baby was born, he decided to move in with his mother in order to now save money for a house for usanwhile, I am doing everything for my baby. Last night I got pissed because instead of getting ready to see my baby and brother, he decides to first go out drinking, " just for a few drinks" with his friends. Should i divorce already.

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 11:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, you should start consulting a lawyer. You need and are entitled to a lot more love and affection, not to mention companionship in a marriage. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• why would u have a child until dad was stable? u did that crap to yourself. he's not going 2 change so do what is right 4 u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Leave him
    mcdthree

Answer by mcdthree at 12:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I think that you know what you need to do and have know for a long time. I don't know if you are looking for someone to confirm that you are making the right decision or not but from what you wrote the realtionship started out a certain way, remained that way (although you were pregnant), continued that way although you now have a child. 6 years.... one thing has remained constant in your relationship whether divorce is the answer is only something you can decide.
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 12:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• She is asking for advice and support. Telling her that she did this to herself is nasty and unecessary.

You can't change an alcoholic, a lesson I learned the hard way and you have to it looks like. Leave him. He has to be the one to either dry out or decide to continue on this way. You deserve better and your child doesn't need to grow up with an alcoholic. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I understand trying to support her but telling her the truth that yes in part she did this to herself and that she has brought this on her child is not nasty. I understand wanting to say 'leave him' 'sorry this is happening to you' but this was not out of the blue is what the person was getting at. Many women go into a relationship with eyes open and decide to blind themselves. She needs to look at this situation realistically and make a decision.

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 1:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009