What do you ladies think?

Of this 'global warming'??

I can tell you this in the southern state of TN it is colder in OCT then it has been in a long time..

Typically..it may get a bit nippy towards the end of OCT but right now it is freezing frost layered thickly outside..

Will we be told 'ICE AGE!' soon here like in the 70's?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn... I was actually hoping that by global warming, it would actually get warmer! We are cold too. Alot colder than any other year and much faster too! Ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I used to honestly put 100% faith in global warming until I found out about the global cooling scare from the 70's. I was born in 1988, and our history books seem to happily gloss over anything having to do with the so-called global cooling. I seriously had NO idea about it. Now I try to do more research any time stuff comes up about global warming. I know for a fact that the earth is headed for shitsville if we continue using its resources, but I don't put so much stock in the entire "green" thing anymore. The earth goes in cycles. Meh. *shrug*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• OH, and crap, I meant to say that it's frickin freezing here in NC, I don't know if you're at a higher altitude than me or not. It's been in the upper 50's all week, and it's been raining. So gloomy :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Climate change is part of global warming. In Miami, we are down in the 70's today, for us is quite a change!

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Many scientists are predicting an ice age. Argentina experienced it's coldest winter on record. We had record-breaking snow fall, 150% of normal. All because of global warming. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I remember as a kid that they were afraid we were entering another ice age!! Then it went to warming and global drought..it looks like they are favoring cooling again.

Well documented global history tells us the climate is ALWAYS changing! It was going through phases long before humans came along and will continue to do so after we are gone.

It is in our best interests to use our resources wisely. It isn't in our best interest to fall for the ongoing onslaught of climate scams. There are several studies that debunk the current scam. We should be demanding their release to the public.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'm in SC and it DAMN cold here for THIS time of year! today's high is 53 and that's just FREEZING to me. It should be 70-75 untill Jan. If this is global warming it SUCKS!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Global Cooling (70's). Global Warming (90's). The fact is, the earth is changing. With or without us, the earth will change. Can we do something to positively impact what part we play? SURE. Are they going to outweigh what China, India, and Iran are NOT going to do? Nope. jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Did you guys see about the Moravian ministers who were protesting the warming yesterday? Interesting.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• "It is in our best interests to use our resources wisely. It isn't in our best interest to fall for the ongoing onslaught of climate scams."

I agree with this 100%. I live a very "green" lifestyle. I don't do it because of fear, I do it because it makes sense. I think the scare tactics used by some global warming conspiracists just make people more skeptical, and LESS likely to take care of the earth. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2009