Curious...Have you ever felt this way?

Following a relationship, do you typically put extra effort into yourself. I've always kept myself together, but now that I'm single again I have a strong desire to do my hair and make-up nicely and get in the best shape ever. I am mainly doing it for myself, but I also want to look great in case I run into my ex. Many people have told me he is going to regret our break-up. Our break-up was very cordial, but it still hurts that his selfishness ended our relationship. Is this wrong to feel this way? I am not a revengeful person, but secretly I hope that he is experiencing some regret.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• A lot of women do that.
    Anonymous

• When I separated from my ex it was very stressful. It wasn't cordial, he was very cruel. So my diet plan was stress with a side of stress... I lost 40 lbs, kept very busy, went back to work, and finally found myself back. It turned into the best thing that ever happened. Then funny enough I met the love of my life! Good for you for wanting to improve your health, and your life! Also a little salt in the wound won't hurt him,lol... He will kick himself when he see's what he lost.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The best revenge is to live well and look great! It's ok. Many of us do it. It makes us feel good. It's a positive step toward independence and builds our confidence. It's not like anyone gets hurt so it's ok

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I've never been like that. I view it as putting a false self out there and if someone is going to fall for me I want them fall for the real me. And I've never been a big hair and make-up person too. It isn't necessarily bad to do that but just done like it overtake your life (it does for some).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009