How long do I wait to try to concieve after removing an IUD?

ashjo93313

Asked by ashjo93313 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• IF it was the Mirena. You can start yesterday.
    Anonymous

• I think you can TRY as soon as it is removed. Some women, however, take a cycle or two to "become fertile" again so it might not happen right away. But based on what the nurses told me about hormonal (or non...) birth control, the whole "wait three months" thing isn't really necessary. The only way hormones would likely hurt a baby would be if you continued to take them during your entire pregnancy. Good luck.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i had a iud for three years and i had it removed and a month later i was pregnant with twins.
    cyndilou76

Answer by cyndilou76 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my doc said we could start right away, but it may take a few cycles for me to get back to normal. i didnt have a period the whole time i had mirena, but i have had 2 regular cycles now so im hoping it will be soon.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2009