Synthroid

I recently found out that I have hypothyroidism. My dr put me on synthroid .150. I was so sleepy. She lowered it to .100 but I haven't gotten it filled. Instead I have been cutting the rest of my .150 in half, so .75. I have heard that once you find the right dose you have more energy and can get weight off but so far no change at all. Anyone else take a while to get on the correst dose and start feeling better? I really want this to work.

CourtneyQualls

Asked by CourtneyQualls at 12:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• It takes a few weeks for it to feel like it's working, and you'll need to keep going back to adjust your dosage until you get the right one. I'm on .125 at the moment and it took about 2 weeks and I felt so much better. I'd get the .100 filled and use it. .75 might not be enough.
    Anonymous

• I have been on it for 2 years. It never made me sleepy but my doctor started me off on a very small dose.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 1:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Do you all notice a significant increase in energy?
    CourtneyQualls

Answer by CourtneyQualls at 8:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I have been on Synthroid for over 2 years now ... and I'll tell you, you've got to have pacience when it comes to finding the right dosage. It takes tons of labwork and different dosages to get right where you need it. Sometimes you'll feel really tired, sluggish and cold. That's a sign that you need more. If you start doing the opposite, it can be good ... except you may find that you're getting too hot (like I did) and then you need to adjust it. Once you do get on the right one, it's a big relief. I personally haven't really seen it make me lose any weight, but by having Hypothyroidism it def made me gain some. That part sux. Right now I'm on 88's (was on 112's when prego) ... and my levels are showing that I'm perfect, although I don't really feel like I could be at my best. It's always a work in progress ... so good luck with yours!
    Brooklyn8219

Answer by Brooklyn8219 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009