Has anyone ever gone on strike ?

My husband is SELFISH! If you have please give me some ideas. THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure you'll get some nasty answers but I've done this. To an extent. When my husband started acting like he didn't need to help or even just do what he is expected to do around here - put his clothes in the hamper, take out the trash, just those two things he couldn't find the time to do. Well, he suddenly didn't have any clean clothes. And the trash began to pile up in his smoking area outside and in the garage. He got the hint and put his dirty clothes in the hamper and decided taking trash to the dumpster wasn't too hard after all.
    Anonymous

• When my hubs could not be bothered to pick up his dirty clothes and put them in the hamper, I just left them sit on the floor. I refused to pick them up as I was not his mommy or the maid. When he ran out of clean clothes he had to wash them himself. Sometimes when he leaves his mess (tools, mail, junk) in my way I will gather it all together dump it in a shopping bag and put the shopping bag in his computer chair- a few times I dumped the crap on his desk- he was not too happy but it got the mess out of my way.
    Anonymous

• When my husband tried telling me that he has to work all day and all I do is take care of the baby I about lost it. I tried explaining that my "job" is 24/7 and getting up all night with her isn't as easy as it seems. He was convinced it would be a cinch so he agreed to take over night feedings one Saturday night. He was exhausted all day Sunday and now he understands a little of what I go through so he tends to help around the house a little more.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 3:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Funny you are asking this now! I've been on strike from my husband and son for about 2 weeks. Both me and DH are stubborn, but I think I'm moreso. It's just a matte of time until we find out how the strike will end, if it does.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009