Was it hard for you (EMOTIONALLY) to file for child support?

Our 6years marriage is not working. We are not even living under the same roof. He comes around on weekend and he gives me some money for baby.

I dont feel comfortable asking hm for money, establishing how much and explaining for what.

I am thinking the courts can officially decide this for us. I just know that is that happend, he will end up paying soooo much more than what he is currently giving me and he wil get upset.

what do you think? I don't make much.

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 12:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Google a child support calculator for your state. That will tell you how much he has to pay you. Going through the courts makes it so much easier emotionally bc you don't have to worry about what to do if they don't pay. The court handles that too

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• In our state they base it on both incomes... When I filed I asked for a set amount but it was what we agreed on, and then after they did all the calculating he ended up giving me about 100.00 more a month then what we had talked about. I let child support enforcement handle it as well as my attorney. I wanted it to be fair on both sides. He doesn't cover any health ins so I thought it was a fair trade. You need the help, don't be afraid to ask for it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Of course you should file for separation or divorce, custody and child support. There is no reason to feel like you are hurting your husband. He is the one that is cheating you by not giving you the money he should be giving you.

He could file for divorce, custody of the child, and support from you if you don't get there first.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009