How do i get my husband to understand how important it is to her?

My daughter has her 4th grade performance tommorrow (monday) and my husband has never been to one ever in all her years of school. And now my son is in school too. My daughter every year begs him to go. And every year he tells her he worked all day he just doesn have the energy he just wants to relax when he gets home from work. He wont do any of the parent type events at school. On friday its donuts with dad where the father goes and has breakfast at school with their child. it costs like a buck for donuts milk juice (and muffins and someother stuff too im just not sure what) and he wont go. He refuses to go and I am so tired of hearing my dd cry becuase her daddy wont come see her. She works really hard to learn her lines and the parts that shes assigned. I go to all performances and take lots of pictures. How do i get him to understand how much hes hurting her by not going? Yeah i understand hes tired but damn!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in

• Idk, I'm sorry but my heart truly breaks for your DD.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• that's stupid I would tell him that he has to go b/c if he doesn't go right now later in life his dd will not be happy with him I know how it feels one year in like 3grade and my dad was late to the thanks giving dinner type thing and I just stared to cry b/c I wanted him there... he just needs to go for his dd
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• What is wrong with him? Can his mother talk some sense into him??

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It is really important for your husband to go see his daughter perform. Its important for him to show her how much he supports. her. It is sad I imagine that everyone elses dad and her friends dad go to see their daughters perform. but not hers. He should go only because his daughter asks him to, Know what his daughter shouldn't even have to ask him. he should just go on his own . just because shes his daughter.I wouldn't do any supporting for your husband
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• it will happen. there's is goig to be something he misses that will make him break. sadly, we women know sacrifice, no matter how tired we are we go, but a man doesn't know the meaning of sacrifice because they don't sacrifice their bodies to have a baby, so everything is left to us. you need to dig in his ass. even if he comes late or leaves early to get ready for the next day, at least try
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009