SAHM: What is youre cleaning routine or schedule?

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 12:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Not applicable. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't have a schedule but I do tidy up my house on daily basis.
    Anonymous

• I clean every day, but still follow a routine each morning. What I actually do varies based on need, but I clean each room in a specific order for some reason - not quite sure why. I start with the kitchen, then the bathrooms, living room, dining room, and upstairs hall closet. Laundry is done on an as-needed basis, and my boys clean their own bedroom. My bedroom is almost always fairly tidy because I just don't spend much time in there. It gets vacuumed once a week or so.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hall closet? Not sure what I was thinking - that should read upstairs hallway.
    Ginger0104

• I clean everyday, with 3 boys and 3 dogs, I have to.... I do deep cleaning once a week, on Sundays so the house is good for the rest of the week...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I get up, get the kiddo on the bus (M-Th) then sit down with a cup of coffee. Then i do the dishes, eat breakfast and pick up the kitchen floor. sweep/swiffer and hit any spots on the floor. Then I hit a particularly messy spot somewhere in the house (an example is the top of the fridge I did yesterday). Figure out dinner and pull out/prep what needs to be done at that point to make it easier to make. Then I pick up the toys in the living room and if I have time I walk the dog. Then I chill online till DS gets home from school (at noon). We eat lunch then play till nap time. If I am not satisfied with the spot I cleaner earlier, then I go back to it, if I am I may or may not tackle another spot depending on where/when DS fell asleep. Then its time to start dinner and DH gets home. We hang out for a while then have dinner. Then its my chance to chill while he manages DS for a couple hours, then bath time and bed.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I tidy everyday but, "clean" on Friday and Saturday.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• When I was a SAHM I vacuumed all of the carpets and cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen floor every day. I cleaned thoroughly on Friday in case we had company. Now that I am working, I clean the bathrooms when I do laundry- about 3 times a week, and the kitchen floor on Saturday. My husband vacuums on Saturday.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• clean stuff above waist level when i'm holding baby.....
    clean stuff that requires bending down when i'm not holding baby......
    fold laundry at night when the kids are asleep......
    trying to teach my 4yo how to put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher LOL
    i'm not really a great housekeeper
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I get up at 5am and clean until 9. I clean 5 hours (ocd)

THEN, I clean before bed if things need straightened up.
    My husband calls me DRILL Sergeant when It comes to my cleaning.
    I'm also a germaphobe.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009