What is the origin of sin?

*This is a sincere question of your beliefs....NOT an attempt to disprove anything or prove myself right*

I am curious from reading below, if God is the one who introduced sin into this world, then how can he hold you accountable for falling into sin?

Or am I not understanding the origin of sin?!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• How do you see it as God introducing sin into the world?
    Anonymous

• Lucifer/Satan I believe we can call the origin of Sin. God gave us the gift of choice, even the angels. Lucifer got jealouse of God and thought himself greater then God, plus he was pretty handsome. So Lucifer chose to act upon his thoughts. He recruited some angels and started a rebellion. All those angels chose as well. We as humans also choose, for some it's easier to fight the sins' then others. That's why we need God and Jesus in our lives :) But as far as to how it all works idk,,,
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I thought my older brother was the originator of sin. Hmm.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• God gave us the free will to make our own choices AND the intelligence to know and understand right from wrong. We can choose to walk His path and choose to strive to live sin-less lives or we can choose to go the other way. That's how he can hold us responsible regardless of what the origin of sin actually is.
    Anonymous

• God did not introduce the evil, man chose it. God allowed man to chose, and man chose to rebel. God had a plan already in place to redeem us, as He knew what Adam and Eve would do. If we choose not to serve Him, we choose the same punishment as Satan and his crew.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Not sure how you come to think God was the originator of sin
    Anonymous

• Well, if God is creator of all things, then didn't he create evil AND sin? Or are you saying Satan is also a creator?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• wasn't this asked a few days ago...blaming God for evil/bad/sin?
    i just don't have it in me today to 'debate' this again....i've got a couple pumpkins to 'kill' with my ds and dh.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• sahmamax2- you sure have lots of questions about God. Maybe the Holy Spirit is working in you.
    Anonymous

I want to challenge you on something.. if you believe that God gave us the ability to know and understand right from wrong than why did He forbid Adam and Eve not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil ? ( Right and Wrong?)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009